AN EVOLUTION VETS FARMER TRAINING COURSE
ADVANCED HERDSPERSON TRAINING COURSE
1 OR 2 day course
£190 + VAT for 1 day; £325 + VAT for 2 days
Open to All
Course Tutor: Sally Wilson BVMS DBR MRCVS
This course will be of advantage to stockmen with high capabilities who wish to expand their knowledge and has been developed to help your step to the next level.
What you can expect from this Course:
- This is a one or two day course. You can choose to attend either or both days.
- There are both theory and practical elements to both days
- Emphasis is placed on practical, veterinary and welfare-based skills
- Aimed at experienced stockmen who would like to progress their careers and reach their potential
- In-depth instruction on:
- Technical procedures eg stomach tubing, blood sampling, injection techniques
- condition scoring and management
- preparing for calving
- Calving: best practice; difficult calvings
- Dry Cow management: the practical elements
- Fresh Cow Management: monitoring performance, problem cows
- Lactation: getting the best out of your cows; disease monitoring; vaccination policy.
On booking, you will receive a short questionnaire asking for details of your experience. This will enable your tutor to plan the day to give best value to each attendee.
Places are necessarily restricted to enable maximum individual tuition.