AN EVOLUTION VETS FARMER TRAINING COURSE
ADVANCED FOOTCARE & HERD LAMENESS MANAGEMENT
1 Day Course
£265 + VAT
Open to All
Tutor: Sally Wilson BVMS DBR MRCVS
Qualifications: Attendees must have already attended a basic foot trimming course in order to attend this day.
What you can expect from this Course:
This one day course focuses on the main causes of lameness in dairy cattle on both an individual and a herd level and gives tuition on:
- the identification and management of the main lesions affecting your herd.
- when and how to effectively and safely apply a block, concentrating on best practice and pitfalls.
- how, and when, to bandage.
- management of lameness issues on a herd scale - how to identify your main problem and then how to deal with it.
- prevention of future problems: once you reduce a problem, ensure it doesn’t return with a vengeance!
- mobility scoring and best-use of the collated information.
- understanding what your milk buyers are looking for and how to achieve it.
Places are necessarily restricted to enable maximum individual tuition.